9/23/2008

Beading Class at Eye Candy Jewelry and Beads

Saturday, September 27 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. I'm teaching a basic stringing class at my friend's new store in Jeffersontown, KY. Katherine and her partner Debra opened Eye Candy Jewelry and Beads in August (officially) and have asked that I be their primary beading instructor :) Yeah!

The first class is about stringing - picking the right beads, learning about beading wires, using a crimping tool and crimping correctly, learning about proportion of the beads and colors and fit. We have quite a few women signed up for both Saturday morning and Tuesday evening - a repeat of the class. I'm excited and looking forward to teaching again.

Upcoming classes will include beadweaving. I thought I would start with a netted bracelet, then offer another class to guide students on how to embellish the bracelet :)

Another class would be flat Ndebele - an intermediate class.

I'll be talking with customers and students to gauge their interest and needs, and then plan the classes accordingly.

So, if you're a Jeffersontownian/Louisvillian/southern Indianian interested in attending a class with me - send me a note with your questions and/or requests and we'll see what we can do for you :)

Until then...Bead On...Bead Happy!

No comments: